The 2012 Week of Prayer for North American Missions spotlights five missionaries representing thousands serving throughout the United States, Canada, and their territories. The other three days focus on ways Southern Baptists are reaching the lost in North America.
Send North America
Church planting is at the core of the North American Mission Board's national strategy, Send North America. This strategy is designed to mobilize churches to plant churches, mobilize church planters, and equip church planters and "sending churches" for evangelistic church planting.
Shaun and Deshni Pillay // Connecticut
Shaun is church planter and pastor of Cornerstone International Church in Norwich. The church ministers to a large international population and a large homeless community meeting physical needs and directing people to Christ.
1. Pray for a new facility for worship, as we have outgrown our present building.
2. Pray for our Tibetan friends with whom we have ESL classes, that we will continue to be a witness and that they will come to know Christ.
3. Pray for Cornerstone as we plant two churches in 2012.
Jason and Kimberley McGibbon // Canada
Jason is a church planter seeking to begin a new church in Hamilton, a downtown, urban/arts community near Toronto. This new church will be a third-generation church start of The Sanctuary Church and The Sanctuary Church Milton.
1. Peace for the family in the midst of everything that church planting can bring.
2. Passion to pursue God's Heart for Hamilton.
3. The privilege of seeing lives transformed.
Josh and Tiffany Lenon // Ohio
Josh is church planter and pastor of Red Door Church in Cincinnati where members are encouraged to do whatever it takes to bring people to Christ.
1. Pray for Josh and Tiffany as they go through the process of adopting a child.
2. Pray for Red Door to have a heart for evangelism.
3. Pray for a growing partnership with missionaries working with unreached people groups.
Derek and Sharla Osburn // New Mexico
Derek is church planter and pastor of The Vine Community Church in Clovis, a rural community with a large population of Air Force personnel.
1. Pray that our church would be seen as a place the Gospel is propelled and where people can come no matter where they have been in life.
2. Pray that our marriage and family would be strong and a witness for Christ within our community.
3. Pray that people who come to our church would recognize that God has a purpose for their life that is bigger than they could ever imagine.
Daniel and Karina Egipciaco // Florida
Daniel is a national church planting missionary working with and training church planters in South Florida, seeking opportunities to start new groups and churches.
1. Pray for church planters and the Send North America: Miami church planting initiative.
2. Pray for my family as my wife and I are expecting our 4th child in May 2012.
Equipping The Next Generation
Each year, more than one thousand summer, semester and US/C2 missionaries work alongside missionaries and church planters. These experiences serve as a training lab for future career missionaries, church planters, and on-mission Christians as they learn by doing.
Ministry evangelism missionaries "love loud" through service in a variety of ministry roles such as community, literacy, resort, seafarer, sports evangelism, and pregnancy care. Through meeting needs and taking the Gospel to people where they are, missionaries are seeing transformation in their communities.